Friday, June 19, 2009

Stolen

About a month ago, I wanted to add some music to my MP3 player. I went to the computer and my music was gone. No big deal I thought... I will just go get my CD case, and I will put it back on the computer. So I walked down stairs to where I thought my CD case was. Not there. Ok where did I put it. I know that I have had it since we moved into our house. I asked Brian if he had seen it. He suggested that I look in the cars. Nope not there. I think that I looked in every place that I could it wasn't behind things, it wasn't in any of the boxes that are so nicely organized in the basement. Where could it be. Anyways I have been searching for this CD case FOREVER. I gave up. I was convinced that someone had broke into our house and wanted to take nothing but my CD case. (because all of our CD's are sooooo good!) Actually I was going to blame it on Matt. I think that he saw it when he was helping us move things into the house, and he just stashed it away. And he has been secretly listening to my great music. Well tonight Brian decided that he wanted some of the music that was in there. So he starts looking in all of the places that I had already looked. (Funny how he cares about it when it is something that he wants, but when it was me wanting the music, he didn't even open a box to help me look!) oh well. So after he couldn't find it, he too was convinced that they were gone, someone had "jacked" them. In my nicely organized basement, there was one box that I didn't even knew existed. It was under all of our wedding gifts that we have yet to use. (don't worry I am planning on pulling them out of their boxes on our 25th wedding anniversary.) That is when my mom says you want and need new stuff anyways. So under all of that. Brian found a box of miscellaneous electronics. Inside that box, were my CD's. CRAZY. I guess they weren't stolen. But can you believe that I have boxes that have been sitting in this house for 6 months that haven't been opened yet? I guess that probably means we don't really need whatever is in that box. Oh well I guess we are officially unpacked now! It only took us 6 months!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Haha - I have that experience every day.. but usually it's because Ethan has taken whatever it is I want and placed where HE thinks it belongs.. However, don't feel bad about not having unpacked everything yet.. We didn't finish "unpacking" until last January, when we'd been here for almost 18 months! Yeah.. there were about 3 boxes worth of stuff that we just threw away.. Gosh, it would have been nice to have thrown it away BEFORE we moved and not had to deal with it! :) Hope all is well :D