Monday, July 20, 2009

flying by

I can not believe how fast this summer is flying by. July is half way over and I feel like summer just started. It is crazy. I guess I am just going to try and catch up on a few things.

We decided to buy Annika a potty. She is always so interested in the potty, I figured we may as well get her one. She tells me when she has peed or pooped in her diaper, so I thought we will just get it, then it will be here when she is ready. Well we pulled it out of the box, and she started filling it with my kitchen utensils. She might be a little confused about what actually goes in there. Then the other day I was getting ready so I stripped her down and let her sit on it. She sat there for about 5 minutes then decided she was board. She stood up, walked over to my rug and peed. Obviously she missed the whole point of sitting on the potty. Oh well I am sure she will figure it out one day.

Sometimes she is so silly it just makes me laugh. The other night we were sitting at dinner and my purse was on the table. She put a few things inside, and put it over her shoulder and started saying bye to me and Brian. She then walked to the front door and said open. We let her walk out the front door and she walked over to the neighbors house. I guess she was going to work.

Annika has been asking where Brian is during the day and I tell her work. Now when she asks for dada I say where did he go? She puts her hands up like she doesn't know and says go? Then she will say work. What a smartie.

We went up to the great 24th of July celebration in Hyde Park and watched the fireworks on Friday night. On Saturday morning we woke up bright and early, and my mom and I ran in the race. My mom ran the 1-mile, and I ran the 5K. It was the first 5k that I have ever ran. At the beginning of the summer I decided that I was going to run a 5k so me and Annika have been going running. She loves the jogging stroller, and I actually enjoy running. (most of the time) It was a lot of fun, and now I want to run another one. my time wasn't the best, 34 minutes, but now I can just work on improving it.

When we got home, we went out to the garden and we picked our first zucchini. I am so excited we get to start eating from our garden. It is a lot of fun, to watch the things that you plant grow. And I can't wait to enjoy them!

6 comments:

Neisha said...

Wow that is an awesome time on the 5K. I can't believe that you have vegetables that are that big already.

Adam and Aubrey said...

What?! HP already had their 24th celebration? That day hasn't even happened yet! I just don't get that town. Good job on the 5k. I want to do more of those. Your mom rules for doing the 1 miler. I think that would kill me right now. . . many things would actually. I agree about how fast this summer is going. I'm not ready for August.

Jen Jarrett said...

Thanks for sharing the stories and pics! CONGRATS on your 5k!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Way to go on the 5K! Yeah, I'm still working on that one. Someday...
Annika is so stinkin' cute! I bet she has grown a ton since I last saw her 3 MONTHS AGO. We really need to do something. Maybe when the holidays die down a bit. I really am going to call you soon. We miss you guys.

The Bucks said...

It was good to see you guys on Friday, if only for a second. Good job on the race. We were watching everyone run by from inside my parents' house, nice and comfy!

Bryant and Jodi said...

Congrats on running! I need to start doing that again!! He he. Potty training is wonderful!!!!