Thursday, December 30, 2010

Santa Clause

All Season Annika has been telling me how she is a big girl now, and she can sit on Santa's lap all by herself. She would say "I can help Ady because I am bigger!"

Well... It was Thursday December 23rd and we still had not been to see Santa yet. Brian's vacation started and I told him that we really needed to take Annika to see Santa. So we headed out. First we stopped at Costco. I think everyone in Utah Valley was at Costco. We made it out of there, and we were going to go down to University Mall to see Santa. I knew that there would probably be alot of people there (because it was 2 days until Christmas.) but we still went. We headed out of the Costco parking lot, and the roads were packed, so we went a different way. We were driving and ended up in highland. we keep driving on the road and there is the mouth of American fork canyon. I think that I am very good at directions, but I still can not figure out how we ended up so far north. So we start heading south, we get on state street and it is stop and go traffic. They were fixing pot holes on the freeway stopping traffic, so there was tons of people on state street, and then there was a fed ex truck stuck in one of the lanes. So it was down to one lane traffic.

Ok, we get past all that, we get to the mall, and Santa's line is all the way around his little north pole area. Ok. Ady was sleeping, so Brian and Annika went to do a little shopping and I waited in line. So a while later Brian and Annika come back. They stand in line with me for a minute, and we are like 10 feet away from the entrance into the north pole, and Annika starts crying. I ask her what's wrong and she says I want to go home. Seriously? Well she kept crying, so I took her out of the line, got her a better look at other kids sitting on santa's lap, and she kept crying. She didn't want to sit on his lap. I wasn't going to make her So... I told her to stand by the presents in his North pole, and I took her picture. I think it is a hilarious picture because she is totally crying, but trying to smile for the picture.



So we left the line, and came home. 3 hours later, we had gone on our own little Christmas Adventure! The sad thing is that I didn't even take a picture of sleeping Ady or give her the chance to sit on his lap! Sorry Ady. I will make sure you get the chance next year!

2 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

BAHAHA! That bottom lip is hilarious! She probably would've done better, had she been able to go right up to him rather than have to wait forever and let the pressure mount! That's a hilarious story. And the picture is the best.

Emily Jones said...

That picture makes we want to laught and cry all at the same time. What a sweet girl!