Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fathers Day


Fathers Day weekend was a busy one.
We headed up to Logan on Friday night. We didn't get to my parents house until about 10:00, just in time for the girls to be past ready for bed. We stayed up and talked for a little while and then went to sleep.
Saturday morning we woke up and my dad made us a great breakfast! The girls got to see the new lambs that Austin gets to raise and show in the fair. And they spent quite a bit of time jumping on the trampoline. Jen and Mike came up and after they got there Austin, Mike, Brian and I went over to the church and played some basketball. After Basketball everyone got ready and we went fishing. It was a good fishing trip. I am pretty sure that everyone caught a fish. Seriously mine was the biggest.

It was 25" long and guessing it weighed about 5 1/2 lbs. I was sweating when I got it in. I think I was just nervous it was going to get away! We went back to my parents house and grilled up my fish (yes that is right it was so big that it fed all 10 of us! ).

After dinner was over we hopped in the car and headed down to South Jordan. Brian's family had a BBQ to celebrate. We hung out and played some Volleyball. It was a lot of fun. At the end of the night South Jordan even did some fireworks! It was a fun and busy weekend.

On Sunday FATHERS DAY we were pretty relaxed. We went to Church where I got put in as the new Primary President for our ward! let's just say that is all still just sinking in. I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. Annika didn't want to go up with the Primary kids and sing the songs to the dad's. So Brian missed out on that. (sorry Brian).

We came home and opened up some presents. Brian got a new golf shirt, and a very cool marble track thing. Which took a long time to put together. But it was a fun activity for the night after dinner. For dinner, we had some steak and lobster tails. It was so good. Have I ever mentioned that Brian is the best cook? (I know kinda sad, he cooked his own father's day meal.... but he did a great job!) It was actually a really fun relaxed night hanging out at home.

While Brian and Annika were putting together the marble track that was his father's day present she was talking to Brian and telling him what she wanted for Big Sisters Day. She asked when it was. Pretty funny. Maybe we will have to invent a holiday at our house for Annika called Big Sister's day!



No comments: