Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update


Goodness it seems like things around here have been so busy. Yesterday we took Alli to the MTC. Sometimes I just wonder why they do that to families. It is a good thing, but you sit there and wait for the movie to start and they are showing all of the "family it's about time" ads and well some of them, just made me tear up a little. I guess it is a good thing, you go and you realize yet again how important your family is to you! It was great! Her farewell was last week, and we came home with a new pet. She said it was our housewarming gift. Alli had a beta fish named hootie. (like hootie and the blow fish). So now I have a fish in a bowl on my kitchen counter. Annika always wants to just sit on the counter and look at the fish. We feed him every morning, and she likes to try and drop pieces of her cereal in there for him.
The other day, I was kinda board in the morning, so Annika and I made her a necklace out of fruit loops. She loves wearing necklaces, and anything that is long she will put it over her head and try to wear it around like a necklace. It was a lot of fun. She hasn't figured out that she can eat the fruit loops off of it yet, so she might be wearing this necklace around for quite some time.
When we moved into our house I was afraid of Annika and the stairs. It was only a couple of days after we moved in and she had figured it all out. I guess now going down the stairs backwards is boaring because she trys to go down them standing up and forward. She has figured out that when she gets to the banister she can hold on to them and walk down. What a stinker, she just likes to get my heart pumping, and I guess she thinks she needs to be bigger! She is growing up way to fast.

Brian is enjoying his new job, and we are enjoying our new house, and getting to know more people in our neighborhood.

9 comments:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Annika is so cute! That fruit loop necklace is a way good idea. It was so good to see you last week. We need to get together again soon, I want to see your house. I'll call you.

Adam and Aubrey said...

Blast. I'm bummed I missed her farewell speech, or whatever. I cannot believe she is out there! WOW! I'm glad you finally posted! Annika is so big, and so light headed! She's adorable! I've actually been thinking of getting Kona a fish. . . yikes.

Jen Jarrett said...

AwE!!!! I miss her!!!! She is growing up so fast and just getting cuter and cuter! I am glad that you guys do fun things like make fruit loop necklaces! :) Next time tell me and I will come down! ;)

JO said...

oh my goodness, Annika is growing up! She is a cutie! So exciting your sister is going on a mission....kinda weird because it seems like yesterday that she visited us at CEU

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

Annika is such a cutie pie. I need to come and visit to see your new house. Where you want to or not you are going to see more of me since you live so close. :)

Shels said...

Your new house looks so cute! I am glad things are going well for you guys. As for us back in the 9th ward, we are struggling in enrichment without you! :) Your new ward is so lucky! :)

Neisha said...

I love Annika's hair in the first picture. It is way cute!

Ashlee said...

How cute is she with her jewelry?? I love it! I'm so excited for Alli, sad to have her gone but she'll be a Great Missionary.

Lee and Emilie Wilson said...

She is getting so big, and she is so adorable. Your new house looks so nice, I am super jeleous, some day I hope we will have a house. I hope that everything is going well.