Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sick Baby


Lately I have been reading blogs about everyone's kids getting sick. I would read them and think, oh that's not fun. Well This week, Annika decided to get sick. She woke up Wednesday morning with a cough, and it just seemed to get worse on Thursday morning. So we went to the Dr. I never know when exactly to take your kid to the Dr. I don't want to be one of those mom's that takes them in for every little thing, but I did take her in. The diagnosis.... She has a cold! Great. it was just what I thought and there wasn't a whole lot I could do. She did have a fever of 101 so we gave her Tylenol and have just been waiting for it to pass. It is so sad to have her look at me with her red puffy eyes, that are watering, and then to hear her talk, and it sounds all horse. I felt so bad for her. In the mean time. All of the fun things I had planned for this week didn't get done. I have just been home.... So Aubrey I am so sorry. I really did want to hang out while you were down here. I have to say though, I have gotten more good cuddles with Annika the past couple days than I have in quite a while. I think that she is starting to feel better. She is running around more, and cry a little less. Hopefully we won't have to deal with more sickness for a while.

9 comments:

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Poor girl and poor mom! It's no fun when the kids are sick! Hopefully she'll feel better soon:)

mel said...

It's such a good feeling when they start acting normal again. The cuddles are about the only good thing when they are sick!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Poor baby. I love her face in the picture. Kona was sick last week and barely got better in time! I hope she gets all healthied up!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Oh no. Not fun. We are back to being sick again, just a cough this time though. All I have to say is we have got to get better soon, then we can hang out again. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Tina said...

I'm sorry. Sick kids is so hard. All you can do is love them (even though that can be a challenge)!! Hope she feels better soon.

Jamie Younker said...

Poor girl! Doesn't it just break your heart to see your baby sick? I hope she feels better soon!!

Jen Jarrett said...

Amazing she still looks SO CUTE when she is so sick! I wish I was there to help her feel better - b/c I know seeing me would help! ;^)

JO said...

nothings worse than a sick babe :( hope it passes soon.

Ashlee said...

Isnt't that the worst? Bossy's been sick too. No fun!