Friday, February 20, 2009

Exploring


Well I don't know if it is here to stay or not... but the warm weather found us. I have been watching the news, and northern Utah is getting pounded with snow. But here in Lehi, we are just enjoying the sun. In fact, Brian saw a guy mowing his lawn yesterday! Crazy. Well I decided to take Annika outside to play, and explore the backyard. We had a lot of fun, of course Annika didn't want to come inside.

She loves her new swing set. I really think that she would sit on the swing all day long. She even started getting brave, and would let go of one side, and swing only holding on with one hand. I really think she was on the swing for a good 30 minutes. She didn't want to get off, but her hands were freezing cold so I made her.

Then she thinks she can climb up the slide, not quite but she sure tries. Then we spent a lot of time, just walking around the back yard. She was picking up leaves and rocks. For a while she just sat down in the grass.

It was just so nice outside! I think that we are going to have a lot of fun this summer. Maybe i'll get a good tan if we spend all day everyday outside. We'll see.

Annika has started doing so many new things lately it is crazy. The other day she figured out that if she turns around in circles, the ground looks funny when you stop. She couldn't even stand up! She is nodding yes, or no when you ask her a question. She jumps... Or tries to it is hilarious. She puts so much effort into it, and doesn't really go anywhere. She really likes watching the wiggles on TV. ( I really don't like this show) but it is the only show, she will stand still and watch for a couple of minutes. She starts boucing up and down, (she is dancing with them). It is pretty cute to watch.

(I love this picture! They are so cute!)
She has been really into books with flaps that you can open, and I have a puzzle book that she wants to read all day long. We take the shapes out and then we put them all back in again. She is so much fun!

P.S. we got Annika's pictures taken the other day, by Talia Draper. She ended up putting some pictures of Annika on there so if you want to look at them you can go to Taliadraperphotography.blogspot.com

13 comments:

JO said...

Alisha, I just looked at the photos you had taken and they are darling!!!!! It must be so much fun to see her learn new things and want to explore. The picture of Brian and Annika is also cute, I like it too :)

Jen Jarrett said...

Awe!!!! She is growing up so fast; I swear! And who would have thought it was possible for her to keep getting cuter and cuter!? She does it!!!! I can't wait to see her... (and you) TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Oh I am sooo jealous of her pictures! Darn . . . no more kiddie kandids for me :) What a cutie pie!

The Bucks said...

So, that's what grass looks like, I'd forgotten. She is so dang cute, her pictures seems to capture her personality so well.

Adam and Aubrey said...

I love those pictures. I saw them on your side link thing. Sooo adorable! She's so big! I am soooo jealous of your back yard. And that you have such awesome weather. Today was our first "semi-warm" day. UGH! Bring on spring!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Love the pictures! They are way cute. We want to come play in your backyard and with your swingset. Hopefully we can get together soon!

Heather said...

Annika gets cuter every time I see her! I am super jealous that you have warm weather and no snow, but that is awesome for you! I bet you don't miss Logan weather :) I love hearing your fun stories with Annika!

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Ahhh...she is a cutie! She looks like she always has a huge smile on her face!

Jamie Younker said...

I haven't checked out your blog in forever.... it's been so fun to catch up! I LOVE all the fun pictures! And I'm soooo jealous of your backyard!

Kristy said...

She is getting so so big. I love her little smile.

The recipe you asked for is on my other blog. It is on my sidebar. I hope you like it. It was way fun.

Ashlee said...

How funny about her making herself dizzy! they grow up too fast don't they!

Brittney said...

Isn't it great living more south where it gets warmer faster! Even though I am missing my sis I am loving the weather!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Love your new picture! Yes I want the CD. Lets hang out soon, I've been meaning to call you for the last few days, but I always wait till to late.