Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Family night


When I was growing up, every year my mom would make sugar cookies, and my family would sit around and decorate them. I always remember it being fun. It was always fun to see what different ways everyone would decorate their cookies. So this year, I decided to make sugar cookies. It was a lot of fun. I tried to get Annika to decorate, but she was a lot better at undecorating them. It was fun to watch though.

Annika has started folding her arms. Whenever we sit down at the table she folds her arms. It is really cute. When we are saying the prayer she thinks that we are playing a big game of peak a boo. She just looks around at everyone (while our eyes are closed) and laughs. Then when we say Amen, she just smiles. It is a fun game. I am just glad that she knows that is what we do when we sit down at the table.

Annika loves wearing her necklaces, and has them on pretty much from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed everynight. In one of the pictures above you will see a rather interesting necklace. If you look closely you will notice it is a spiral plastic cord, with aligator clips at each end. (Normally used by a dentist to hold on your spit rag!) :) Thanks to Aunt Heidi, Annika has been sporting this beauty around all week. Anything that will go around her neck! Thanks Heidi she loves it!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

9 comments:

JO said...

so fun! I plan on making cookies soon. I love that she folds her arms, what a smart girl! What a cutie :)

Adam and Aubrey said...

Dang. I need one of those "necklaces". It could make for a real nice bib. You are so blasted domestic. Blast.

Kara said...

how fun.. k you love so close now we must play.. let me know when you're up for it and we'll plan it,,, and we should get becca and do a girls night asap

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Making sugar cookies is about a monthly occurance around here! Super fun!

Adam and Aubrey said...

ps, super cute pics of her in that site. . . you know the one, can't remember the name. But I'm totally diggin the boots and I had no idea she had her top teeth! I mean, I guess it's normal, but I had no idea!

Jen Jarrett said...

Awe!!! I am going to make sugar cookies tomorrow!!!! What a tradition. Seriously the best sugar cookies EVER!!!! I loved every story about her - the undecorating the cookies, the praying, and the necklaces!!!! LOVE HER LOVE HER LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shels said...

Those cookies look pretty yummy!

allison said...

inspired by your blog we tried to make our own cookies. Then I remembered that I can't really make cookies (ours are ugly) luckily Abe and Henry really don't care.

benjammin said...

Happy Valentines Day! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! How are you liking your new home? We are very excited about having another girl, they sure are fun.