Saturday, March 14, 2009

My little Girl

So lately Annika has been doing a lot of new things. I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I may as well. Her hair is getting longer, and I was using curlers for a while, which were great. I could get a good curl in her hair in the back. It flips out and looks so cute! Well then the other day I was doing my hair and I thought, I bet I could use my flat iron to flip out Annika's hair too! Well I sat her up on the counter, and I told her to hold still. ( I might have given her a couple of things to distract her.) But she held still and my chi flips her hair out. It is so cute!

She has been such a girly girl lately. She got a cabbage patch doll for christmas when she was about the same size as the doll. Now she carries it around all day long! She gives it hugs, and kisses, she will even say baby! The other day we went over to one of Jen's friends house, Annika went over to her toy bin, and pulled out the one doll!

We bought a Shop Vac and I put it together the other day. It has a couple of extra parts so I put them together. The next thing I know, Annika is pushing it around, helping me vacuum. What a good helper. I decided I have to keep it with her toys now, because it is one of her favorite toys!

Annika always wants to be sitting on the counter, so she can be up high, and see what is going on. I decided that this isn't a good idea and I am trying to break the habit. It is so easy to sit her on the counter. But the other day in nursery Annika did not sit on her chair once. She stands on it. I think it has something to do with sitting on the counter. Anyways. It is so tempting to just sit her on the counter and do what I need to do. Well the other day, I was trying to do the dishes, and all Annika wanted to do was be held. So I got a great idea.... I can pull a chair over, she can stand on it, and she can see what is going on. Well it worked, she helped me with the dishes, and I got them done. However, I started thinking about the original problem, standing on chairs in nursery, and wondered.. Am I really solving the problem, or just making it worse. Oh well... we will have to see if she sits down in nursery on Sunday.

Last but not least, She loves Chapstick. When ever she sees me putting it on she puckers up her lips and wants some too! I just think that it is really funny. If I let her hold it, she will walk around putting it on for quite a while. I guess lately she just seems like such a little girl!

11 comments:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

She is just so cute. Such a big girl. I say don't worry about letting her stand on the chair to help with dishes. Do what you can to get stuff done. Plus I think it's fun when they want to help (if you can call it help), teach them early.

Lets hang out soon.

Christina Olson said...

I can't believe what a big girl she is!! I miss you guys, we will come visit next time we are down I promise! Maya and Annika would definetly love to play together:)

Neisha said...

I think you should let her hlep as much as she wants because one day it will stop. McKell has gotten really good at helping me unload the dishwasher and she knows where most of the stuff goes now.

Jen Jarrett said...

She is so cute in every single one of those pictures! She is growing up so fast it kills me! I love her! I like to hear about all these little things she does when I am not around (since when I am around she just wants to play with me... ;^) Please, keep the updates comin'!

Brynne said...

She is such a girly girl! don't you love that! i love how much of a girly girl bella is! She is getting so big too! but i guess i haven't really seen her for almost over a year!

Julie and Nate said...

What a doll! I honestly think that the 1-2 year old stage is my favorite. Yeah the other stages are great too for their own reasons, but I LOVE when they are learning and growing and changing SO much!! I miss it.

Brittney said...

She is just way too adorable! and she is getting so big! I love that she is putting on chapstick! And isn't it funny when they want to help out all of a sudden! She is really way too cute!

So we should hang out sometime- I am so lonely! And I really am like only 15- 20 minutes away!

Jamie Younker said...

She is such a doll! I can't believe how quickly she's growing up. It goes by too fast huh. I think 12-24 months is just the best age! They're so dang cute! Don't worry too much about letting her stand on a chair to help you with the dishes. Addie does that every day, and eventually she learned that sometimes we get to stand, and sometimes (like at church) we need to sit! :)

Heather said...

That is so cute! Reading your cute stories about Annika makes me excited for when we have kids :)

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Ahh! Seeing all those cute pictures and hearing all the cute stories are getting me excited to have a girl! Hopefully I can finally meet her in person when I come to Utah!

Tina said...

She is so dang cute! I love her little pony tail. I hope one day Ava gets enough hair for one! Hope you guys are doing good down there!