Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hogal Zoo


Yesterday a group of us got together and took our kids to Hogal Zoo! It was so much fun! There was Heidi, Karen, Neisha, McKell, Kennidee, Britney, Ava, Talia, and Turner. We wanted to get an early start on the zoo so we were there when it opened at 9:00. We went in and played at the playground for a while. Then we headed out to see some animals.
We saw some elephants

And of course we had to take a picture by the famout gorilla. (I told Annika to put her arms out and she folded them, so this was the best I got!)

We got to ride on the Merry-go-round! It was alot of fun! Annika rode on the zebra and she loved it, she cried when I took her off.

When we were up looking at the lions and tigers they had this bronze one. I had Annika sit on it, but it made me laugh because on time when I was younger my family went to the zoo, and they have a big rhino like this one, and my sister Jen sat on it and it was hott and she tried to jump off! It was funny (you probably had to be there) but putting Annika on this brought back some great memories of when I went to the zoo as a kid. By the way she loved sitting on this.

Annika looking at the giraffes.


I got a picture of McKell drinking out of the lion drinking fountain, but annika never drank out of it, but we always got this shot, when I was little. thought I would keep the tradition alive.

We rode the train at the end, but by that point, Annika was in breakdown mode. She threw a fit and hit her head on the cement while we were waitin for the train so we don't have any pictures. I thought that all of the kids did really good. It was a fun and tiring day!

4 comments:

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

I want to go Zoo! I'm so jealous.

Brittney said...

How fun! I love the zoo! Looks like you had a good time!

Robin said...

So fun! We are going tomorrow, so we'll have the same posts soon! Annika looks so cute!

Julie and Nate said...

You're so good to take lots of pictures. Very cute! I love the story about Jen.