Monday, February 22, 2010

Potty Training


On Monday February 15th we went and bought Annika some new Underwear. On Tuesday we started potty training. She has done so well and loves telling everyone that she is wearing underwear! Honestly we have only had a handful of accidents ( I am knocking on wood right now.) She has done so well. The other night we were driving home from the store and she had on a diaper, and she told us she needed to go potty. We asked if she could hold it and told her we would be home in a minute. We got home and ran up to the potty and her diaper was dry and she went in the potty! What a big girl! She has really impressed me, and I just hope she continues to do as well as she has.
We decided that if we wanted her potty trained before the baby was here we needed to start now! Let's hope this continues. Hopefully later we can say she is truly potty trained.
We are just so proud of our Big Little Girl!

On a totally different note, Annika is getting really excited for her little sister to get here. We have been talking alot about sharing with her little sister. Annika just can't wait to share her room. The other night, Annika came and crawled in bed with Brian and I. I got up and was laying her back in her bed and she said "my sister here?". I said not yet, and she rolled over and went to sleep! What a cute little girl!

5 comments:

Neisha said...

I am a little jealous that it has come so easy to her. We had such issues that I am not ready to do again any time soon.

Ashlee said...

Oh yea!!! I'm so excited for her! Good luck with it all. Potty traininig can be the best thing in the world or your worst nightmare.

The Brown's said...

HURRAY for potty training:) I am impressed!!! I think it is super sweet that she is excited for her sister to get here. Already the best of friends:)

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Yay! I am glad that it is going so well for you! Keep it up Annika!

Kristy said...

Such a big girl! You'll love having her potty trained before new baby comes. Two in diapers is the worst.