Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gymnastics



A couple days a week 2 of my neighbors and I have been going to the local gym and walking around the track. It is a lot of fun to get out and socialize for a little while. While we have been walking around the track, Annika likes to watch all of the little kid classes they have going on. One of the classes is Gymnastics. I got this "brilliant" idea, to sign Annika up for a class. (It would be great she could run around and get exercise in the winter.) Well last week I signed Annika up for the class, and today was her first day!

We walked into class, hoping we were in the right spot. They have all the kids do stretches to start. Annika wanted nothing to do with the class. She didn't want to do anything. At this point I started to get worried. What did I just sign us up for? Well we made it through stretches and then they called roll. We were in the right place. We got to fly like airplanes to our first group. Annika got to do a obstacle course. Climbing over things and under things... She loved it. Then we drove like cars to the next group. The kids got to hand on the bars, and swing on a rope. Then we moved like a train to the next group and we got to walk on the balance beam. Annika warmed up and loved it, and didn't want to leave. She keeps telling me she wants to go back! I think she is going to have fun in this class!

5 comments:

Robin said...

So fun! She looks so cute! I just signed Corban up for tumbling last week, and he loved it! You're alot better at getting it up. Maybe this week I'll get some pictures.

JO said...

Oh how fun. I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Love her in the tights and leotard:)

Eric and Shandi Ditlevsen said...

That sounds like so much fun! Can I GO!?!?

Brittney said...

So fun! What a great idea. I have been thinking of getting Tai into tumbling. Looks like so much fun, and she is so stinking cute in her leotard!

Jen Jarrett said...

LOL. Who had more fun... you or Annika? ;^)

She looks dang cute in the leotard and tights.