Monday, April 19, 2010

Miss Independant


Annika is getting so big. It is so much fun! The other night we were cleaning up dinner, Annika went upstairs and went to the bathroom. She came back downstairs and her pants were on backwards. Then she sat down on the stairs and put her shoes on, which ended up on the wrong feet. After she was all dressed and ready to go, she walked over to the door and said bye I'm going to Costco. She walked out the door and went and sat on the sidewalk in front of the house for a while.

She loves putting on my chap stick. Most of the time I let her while we are in the car, keeps her happy for a while.






She loves to help me fold laundry. and she does a pretty good job. She is such a good helper. Hopefully that will be nice when the baby comes.


(This is the latest picture of my belly that I have. Taken on the 10th of April.)

On thursday the 15th I went to the dr. My blood pressure was a little higher than it has been through the rest of the pregnancy 130/70. I really don't know what that means, but they said it was higher than my normal. Throughout my pregnancy my due date has been May 17th. But I have been pretty consistent in measuring about a week ahead. So at this appointment I asked if he thought I was really going to go until the 17th. Well we actually set an induction date, and if I haven't had this baby by the 13th of May, he will start me. I was really excited. There is a definite end date in sight. He said that right now he thinks that the baby weighs about 6 1/2 lbs. so if I go until the 13th she will probably be about the same size Annika was when she was born. Almost 9 lbs. I was only dialated to a 1 and that was fine with me. I am getting ready to have this baby, but I don't know if I am ready right now. We still don't have a name picked out. So there are still things we need to figure out before she can get here.

On Friday we went up to Clearfield and celebrated Jen's Birthday with the family. We went out to eat and then went back to Jen's house to open presents! Happy Birthday Jen!

On Saturday we did yard work and then Jen came down and babysat while Brian and I got to go out on a date! We got something to eat and then went and saw How to train your dragon. It was a pretty good movie.

On Sunday we went had a BBQ with some of Brian's friends from High School. It was so much fun to get together and enjoy the nice weather. I loved the sun, and the company.

3 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes but most of all thanks for coming up to visit. I loved seeing you guys and Annika. I love the pictures and the stories. Can't wait to see the next book... coming soon right!?

Adam and Aubrey said...

I love Jen. I want to go to her house. And yours. haha! I swear, Dr's are always off in guessing the weight of babies when they're inside you! Yay for an end in sight, yikes for 2! haha! Actually, 2 isn't bad. It was harder adjusting to 1. (but going from independent child to super needy newborn was a shock to my senses) I want to see you! I hope you are doing okay.

Shawna said...

Yeah! It looks like you're taking my due date :) You're more than welcome to it! Good luck! I can't wait for all four cousin's to meet.