Sunday, April 4, 2010

Conference and Easter Weekend


The other night I was laying in bed with Annika and I told her that the prophet was going to be on t.v. and we were going to listen to him. Then she asked "What a prophet do?" I told her that he tells us the things that Heavenly Father wants us to hear. then she said "What a prophet do?" After many more attempts at telling her what the prophet does, I told her she would just have to watch and find out. Then she laid her head down on her pillow and said "I'll just watch and find out!" What a silly girl.

While we were watching conference, she kept pointing to the t.v. and saying the prophets on.




On Saturday we enjoyed just sitting around and watching conference. After the morning session was over our neighborhood had an easter egg hunt. It works out so great, there aren't a million kids and it gives Annika the chance to hunt for eggs with other kids. She really enjoyed finding the eggs. Every time she picked one up she shook it and then asked me what was inside. Once we got home we opened them all up and she really enjoyed eating some candy. Later we went to dinner with Brian's family for Matt's birthday. Then Brian went to Priesthood Session with his dad and Matt and Heidi, Karen, Annika and I went shopping.








On Sunday we woke up to a couple inches of snow. Annika had been visited by the Easter bunny, and got some new toys to play with. Since there was snow outside, the Easter bunny hid her eggs throughout the house. Annika would walk into a room see an egg and run over to it, pick it up and shake it. It was actually a lot of fun. I think the egg hunt lasted all day. She kept finding more. At one point she decided she would open them up, take the candy out and put it back so the Easter bunny would come and refill it. I don't think that ever worked out. We went up and ate dinner with Brian's family and colored some Easter eggs. It was quite a relaxing weekend!

On a totally different note but just so I remember this. The other day I took Annika to reading time, at the library. The whole time at the library while the librarian was reading the story to the kids, Annika was turning to the little boys sitting next to her and said "cute shoes" and would turn to another boy "what you doing today?". She talked to these little boys the whole time. I really don't think she could tell you the story that we read. It made me laugh her telling a little boy his shoes were cute. Like he even cares.
It just made me think about Annika and what she says. She pays so much attention to the things that Brian and I say. Everyday when Brian comes home from work I always ask him "how was work?" It is so funny to hear Annika walk up to Brian when he gets home and say "how was you work a day?" She is such a caring little girl.


1 comment:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Yay for Easter and Boo for Easter snow. Can you believe your second born will be BORN in 40 some odd days?! AAAA! I can't wait! Annika was far better than Kona was about conference. He thought it was boring and told us to turn it off. Whatev kid. Heaven forbid he get a little religion!