Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fish


We made a deal with Annika when we started potty training her, that if she could go 10 days without an accident she could get a new fish. Well she achieved this a while ago, but we haven't made it a priority to get to the store and get more fish. Well the other night while we were at Walmart, we got Annika some new fish. A gold fish and a black fish. She loves them, and asks all day long if she can feed them. We had our last beta fish for a long time, I hope that these fish last for a while.



Yesterday Annika asked me for a piece of bread. I got out the cutting board the knife, and cut her a piece, when I went to hand it to her she says "actually I'm probably not hungry". Really?

Today I went to the dr. My blood pressure was high 138/88. Like I said before I really don't know what these numbers mean, but that is what they said. So, right now I am getting to do a wonderful urine test at home, and I have to take it to the hospital tomorrow. I wasn't supposed to go back to the dr. until next Friday, and now I get to go back in on Tuesday. He said if my blood pressure is still high they will either be starting me on Tuesday or next weekend. When he said Tuesday it really kinda scared me. That seems so soon, but I guess really next weekend isn't very far away either. I am really ready to be done being pregnant my back and hips ache. But I don't want to have this baby come because it has to. I just hope whatever happens that I will still be able to have this baby vaginally and that labor will go ok. He did say that I was dialated to more like a 2 this week, so I guess that is good. Maybe things are moving along on their own. He also said to just take it easy this weekend. No yard work or shoveling snow. I guess we will just wait until Tuesday and see what he says.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Good luck with everything! Let me know how I can help out if you need it.

The Gardner's said...

Alisha, high blood pressure is a sign that could lead to pre-eclampsia---they look for protein in your urine 'cause this is also a sign---this is the problem that i've had with the boys and now with Brinnlie...it's serious and can lead to you having seizures and kidney problems, and also, lack of blood flow to the baby. So, if you can make it another week, great, but if it gets too high, it's best to get her here---just count your blessing that you're as far along as you are and if she has to come a little early she's at a point that risks are very low. Best in all to come!

Unknown said...

Good job Annika! What a big girl you are!

Neisha said...

Don't you love the 24 hour urine. I hated doing them. I had toxemia with each of my girls. Let me know if Annika needs to come and play so you can rest.

Shawna said...

That is so not fair you might have your's first! JK I do sincerely hope that everything goes okay!