Friday, June 25, 2010

Father's Day





Last weekend was a lot of fun! On Friday night we went up American Fork Canyon with BJ and Neisha and their kids, and had a campfire. I forgot how much I enjoy being in a canyon. It is so relaxing! We made some tinfoil dinners and roasted some hot dogs for the kids, and then enjoyed some marshmallows! It was so much fun! The girls all loved climbing around on the rocks, and Adalyn enjoyed the fresh air and slept in her car seat almost the whole time.

On Saturday we went to the parade in pleasant grove. Annika thought that it was great! It was soooo hot. I got a sunburn on one half of my face. Then later in the afternoon my family stopped by and visited for a while.

On Sunday we woke up and went to church. We came home and opened some presents, and enjoyed a day at home. For Fathers day Brian got a smoker box for the grill so he bbq'd us some ribs. mmmm... I am sure that he really enjoyed cooking his own father's day dinner. That afternoon we went out to the swing set and Annika was climbing up a rope that is on the side. (She has just figured out how to climb it if we put our foot on the bottom to stabilize it.) So I was holding Adalyn and Brian was holding the bottom, and she yelled mom look at me. I said "Wow you are a little monkey" and she replied back "no I'm a chimpanzee" :) I guess I needed to be more specific. It was a great fathers day.
I am so glad that I am surrounded by wonderful dad's in my life. I am so thankful for all of them! It is so much fun to watch Brian and his 2 girls. He is such a good dad. Annika is so excited when he comes home everyday from work. She hears the garage door opening and she runs over and opens the door and waves to him as he pulls into the garage. :) She loves him so much! Brian thank you for being such a wonderful dad and husband. We all love you!

1 comment:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Are you coming up ever? I would LOVE to see you. Lets please arrange something!