Thursday, June 17, 2010

Update



Well we are still alive! Honestly I just feel like somedays I am bearly surviving, and other days I think we can do this. I think that Annika is adjusted to having a little sister around. Somedays are better than others. But now if I tell her I need to do something for Adalyn before I can get up and get her something she says ok. And most of the time is patient. again sometimes are better than others. She has been a really good big sister and is really good at getting me things that I need for Adalyn.

Annika has been having so much fun in the warm weather. She has gone swimming a couple times in the backyard. We have been to the park a couple of times. But most of all she has stayed busy riding her bike around the neighborhood. (I am so glad that we have great neighbors that let Annika play.) Annika loves all of the little girls in the neighborhood. It is so funny. All of the other girls are older than her. They are all at least 5. Annika just thinks she fits right in with them. And she has been coming home and saying things like Oh my gosh. or no way mom. I am going to say that she learned these things from the older girls. But they are all so nice to her.

Adalyn is 5 weeks old now and is still such a good baby. I have decided that she must have some acid reflux. She gets hiccups alot, and she throws up. When she throws up it is projectile and sometimes it comes out of her nose. It makes me so sad for her. Other than that she is a great baby. I really shouldn't even say some of these things because maybe by writing about them it will make them change. But the last couple of nights of nights she has slept for at least a 6 and a half hours at a time. I am still tired when I wake up in the morning, but it has been so nice! She is getting so strong, she is holding her head up quite a bit. She loves going on walks and pretty much always falls asleep. She does not like her car seat. She cries every time I put her in it.
So we are still adjusting, but things are wonderful!

2 comments:

The Gardner's said...

I'm glad things are going so well! I've been thinking of you guys and it's good to hear how things are going. You have the most adorable girls!

Kristy said...

We love it when Annika plays at our house. You send her over anytime!