Friday, May 28, 2010

2 weeks


On Monday we went to the Dr. for Adalyn's 2 week check-up. The Dr. said that everything looked good, but Adalyn didn't like the Dr. she screamed the whole time the Dr. was in the room with us. She was screaming so hard she was turning purple. After the Dr. did the check up we had to let Adalyn calm down. It took almost a half hour to get her calmed down and almost to sleep. Oh it was fun!

Adalyn almost since we got home from the hospital has been throwing up. It always makes me nervous because it seems like she can't breathe when she is throwing up. I asked the dr. about it and she said it could be reflux, or it could be she is just eating too much. So, since the Dr. I have been trying to pay more attention to what I eat. Since the Dr. she hasn't thrown up. Let's hope that we can keep that up.

Annika had been such a good girl during the whole appointment. But as we were leaving the Dr. Adalyn was still crying and I was trying to get Annika in her car seat. Well Annika decided that it would be more fun to ride in the seat in between the 2 car seats. She would not get in her seat. So after trying to reason, I held her down and strapped her in. So in the back seat I have 2 children screaming their heads off. Honestly it is moments like this that I just want to cry. Thank goodness they don't last very long. They calmed down and most of the car ride home was quiet. I am still trying to learn how to take care of 2 kids! It isn't like that majority of the time, but I would be lying if I said we didn't have moments like that!

Adalyn's 2 week stats:
Weight: 10 lbs 7 oz (95%)
length: 21.5 inches (84%)
Head: 14.13 inches (41%)

The Dr. said she is definitely eating good. She was back up to her birth weight and had gained more. She is a good baby, and we really enjoy having her. She hates having a dirty or wet diaper. She likes to be nice and dry. She likes to sleep with her head on your shoulder, and she grabs a hold of anything she can grab.

No comments: