Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rice Cereal


Well we did it! We fed Annika her first serving of rice cereal. It was a pretty exciting night. I had decided that I was going to feed her cereal the day that she turned 4 months old. Then we went to the doctor and he said "Now you know that the diapers get a lot worse once you start giving her real food." I don't know if it was really the thought of changing diapers that actually stunk, or what really made me change my mind, but I decided to wait on the whole cereal thing. Well the other night Annika woke up I think every half hour during the night. I don't know what was wrong with her, I thought maybe she was just hungry, so to try and fill her up, to see if she would sleep better, I decided last night to give the cereal thing a try. She did pretty good. She did however pull some funny faces. I think that most of it ended up on her bib. But Brian and I had a good time, laughing at some of the faces she made! Oh it's so much fun being parents.

4 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

I'm going to cry. I cannot believe how big and old she is. I remember feeding Kona rice cereal for the first time. I think he was 4 or 5 months too, he wasn't sleeping as well (interesting. . .) and it was seriously hilarious. But a milestone! I could cry at how sweet and little he was. Basically, I could cry at anything.

Brittney said...

Ohh congrats! on the rice cereal, it's one of the first steps to really stinky diapers. Good luck!

Jackie Norris said...

Hi Lebaron's! I got Michell & Traces blog and have been finding everyones! Annika is adorable! I saw you two pick up Jen outside the Inn the other day...I love Jen, too bad she doesn't work more often!

Brynne said...

annika is so cute! I was so anxious to give bella solids and with brig i waited longer...ya know just one more thing to do...feed the kid! haha. I love your blog layout! you'll have to tell me how you made it so cute!