Monday, June 16, 2008

6 months old & Swimming

I just can't even believe that Annika is 6 months old. We just got back from her 6 month check up and she now weighs 17.6 lbs. and she is 26 inches long. Time has just flown by, she is getting so big, and I feel like just in the last week she has started doing so many new things. It is so fun, but it also worries me that I am going to have my hands full in a couple of months. She just wants to be right where Brian and I am. When she figures out how to move, we are going to have to rearrange our entire house. She is sitting up so good, so it is fun to let her sit on the floor and play with her toys. She has started babbling all the time. It sounds like she is saying da da da..
I keep trying to get her to say ma ma ma but I am sure that will come in time. If you watch the video make sure to check out Annika's super cute Pony tail. It is a lot of fun to play with her hair, but it just sticks straight up in the air. On Saturday morning we went to a ward activity, and there was a brand new little baby there, and I could not believe how big Annika was compared to that baby. It is just crazy how quick they grow up. After the ward activity, we came home and Robin invited Annika to come over and swim with Corban. So much fun! Annika loved it. It was just like she was in a big bath tub only with her swim suit on. It was alot of fun to spend the day outside in the warm weather. We cooked some dutch oven, and had a little picnic with the Brooks'. On Sunday, we went over to Brian's grandparents house. All of Brian's Aunts and Uncles were there, it is always fun to get together with all of his family. It was a great father's day. I take for granted the wonderful dad's that are around me... but I love each of them, and need to thank them for everything that they do for me. My dad, Brian's dad and Brian. On that note, I just have to tell Brian that I think he is a great dad! I love him so much, and I know Annika does too!

5 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

I love love love the video! The best is seeing Brian in the background on the laptop. . .story of my life! She is going to be such a babbler! Love the mini pony! Woo hoo!

Jamie Younker said...

She is sooooo stinkin cute... holy cow. I decided she's the happiest baby ever. I couldn't believe how much she was laughing (and at nothing) on Saturday. What a doll!

so... how bout that visiting teaching. LoL. Gimmie A Call

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

I loved that video! What a talker. Good. I can't wait for you to be sitting in the hall at church with me;) Corban and Annika can just talk to each other. Love the pony tail as well, I was surprised at how long it was.

amber said...

I miss you guys and am sad we're not there to play, too... Oh well, such is life... Annika's just the cutest though! And eventually that hair will figure out what it's supposed to do. ;)

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Alisha Jarrett??? How the heck are ya? I came across your blog today and your little annika is a doll! It's been way too long since i've seen everyone! Life is crazy! Come check out my blog and we can keep in touch!