Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jackson Hole

Well we went on our first family vacation. It was so much fun! Don't worry while we were there I just kept taking pictures thinking, oh that will be so much fun to blog about. It is funny that I now take pictures for that purpose! Anyway, we left last Friday, and drove to Jackson. I was worried about Annika and the drive, we have never been in the car for that long but she did wonderful. We got to Jackson and then just hung out in the condo. On Saturday we went and shopped in all of the shops around Jackson. There are a lot of fun shops up there. On Sunday we decided to make it another more relaxed day (It was Sunday) and we went to the park. We put Annika in the swing and she loved it. I took her down the slide, and it was this slide that had bumps on it, and well I got a little scared after we went over on of the bumps. I thought we were going to fall off the slide. Needless to say, we only went down the slide once. My family made it up there on Sunday afternoon, we had a big dinner, with everyone, and sat and talked, and played some games. On Monday we made another big adventure, and we drove into Yellowstone. It was so much fun, I forget how cool Yellowstone really is. It is so cool to be driving along and see all of this steam coming out of the ground. We went on a hike around old faithful, and saw quite a few geysers. There were a lot of hot pots and geysers, and we even saw bear tracks, around some of the hot pots! We drove around and hiked back in and saw some huge waterfalls, believe it or not we stood on the edge of this waterfall, and then we drove down and hiked in, and saw the waterfall from this view. Driving around we also saw a whole bunch of wildlife.
We were driving around the park and there was a group of Buffalo right along the road. There were moms with there babies and they were so cute. We left Jackson Hole at 10:00 in the morning and we got back to Jackson at 11:00 at night, it was such a big day. But Annika was so good. She is such a good baby and just lets us carry her around, wherever we want to go. And the majority of the time, she has a huge smile on her face. On Tuesday we stayed in Jackson Hole and we went miniature golfing. Just in case anyone was wondering I beat Brian by 5 strokes! :) I don't think that I beat him very often at golf, but I won! Then on Tuesday night we went to dinner and a show, called the bar J Wranglers. It is a bunch of cowboys that have a band and they tell jokes and play old country music. They were so funny. I would definitely recommend the show to anyone. Definitely worth the time and money. We have never taken Annika to a movie or a show, and again she did so great! On Wednesday, we were coming home, but first we had to make a stop at Jenny Lake. It is a pretty lake that was formed by a glacier. It is crystal clear, and you can see to the bottom. We hiked about 5 miles back into what they call hidden falls, they we really cool. We put Annika in her hiking backpack, which I was so grateful that we had. She just sat on our backs and talked and took naps. It was a lot of fun. Then sadly, our vacation came to an end. But it was such a fun trip.

5 comments:

The Bucks said...

How fun! You guys are so brave to take her along, but it sounds like she was an angel. She is so beautiful!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

So fun! I'm glad Anika was good for you. Does she ever stop smiling? She is so adorable. Well I will have to say, I am glad you are home now and I hope you are planning on hanging out, because I have been waiting all week to go on walks and the park, and hopefully, it is supposed to clear out this week! Call me when you have rested and are ready to get up and going again!

amber said...

I, too, find myself taking pictures for the sole purpose of blogging about them.. oh well. I'm glad you had fun, though.. That would explain why we didn't see you guys when we were in town last weekend. And Annika is SUCH a doll! :)

Jamie Younker said...

Annika is sooooo cute! I love the picture of her in the swing, and in the little hat. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Sounds like you guys had such a fun trip. I'm way jealous! Carson has some kind of strange love affair with Jackson Hole... so I won't tell him about your trip or we'll be dropping everything tomorrow morning to go out and copy your exact vacation.

Jamie Younker said...

P.S. COME TO MY SCENTSY PARTY TONIGHT! I totally need an excuse to play with this cute baby of yours! 6-8 open house... my place :)