Sunday, June 8, 2008

Camping

We got back from Jackson Hole on Wednesday night, and we got to sleep in our own bed. Which felt so good. Thursday morning, we woke up, tried to put away clothes, and food from Jackson, and I did a couple loads of laundry. Then we started packing again. This time we went camping with the LeBaron family up Logan canyon. It was fun camping, and again, Annika was wonderful. On Thursday we set up camp and just pretty much hung out around the camp site. On Friday we woke up and it started out to be a nice day. Then it started raining. It rained all afternoon. Annika and I went and took a nap in the tent, I needed to warm up. After it finished raining, we decided to do something fun, so we hiked up to the wind caves. The trail was so muddy (it had been raining all day! you think I would have put that together.) I swear that I took one step forward and slid about that far backward. It was really muddy. But what a beautiful hike. The canyon is so green right now. It was a good hike ( I decided that I am really out of shape! so I will now be walking everyday.) but it was a really pretty hike. We came back to camp and Brian and I were in charge of cooking dinner. We made dutch oven chicken and potatoes, carrots, bacon, green peppers. Kind of just a mixture of everything. We got the recipe off the internet and had never tried it, but it turned out really good. I was very impressed, it was the first time that we have ever cooked dutch oven, and it turned out edible! Saturday morning we woke up and ate breakfast, then we went fishing. We came back to the camp and Brian's sister Heidi came up. We played a good fun game of Scum. It was a really fun camping trip and it was cold, but Annika was a great kid. I sat out a blanket, and sat her toys out with her, she would sit there and just play with them. It was a lot of fun! Now we just need a day or two to recuperate from our vacation. But Brian starts his summer school class tomorrow, so I guess we will be back to regular life really fast.

2 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

I cannot believe what a good child you have! I haven't even attempted at taking Kona camping. Probably because I'm not really a fan. But you guys make it look so blasted fun! I love the windcaves. Maybe we'll have to join you some day. That is, if I don't die on the way up. Looks like fun!

ps, your mom's bangs look HOT!

Micah said...

I am so impressed with all your camping trips, but I am so impressed with your baby! She is so good to just be happy! Sounds like fun, don't tell Micah about all your camping he will be so jealous. He has been wanting us to go camping for so long. Glad your back!