Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seattle

We made it! On Wednesday night we left to drive to Seattle. Heidi and Eric drove up with us to visit Scott, Allison, Abe and Henry. I was so nervous that we were going to get half way there, and Annika would loose it. I was prepared to buy a plane ticket back to Utah if we needed to. Well thank goodness it was nothing like that. We drove through the night Wednesday night and got to Seattle Thursday morning at about 6:00. It was such a fun trip. We got there, and got to see Scott, Allison, Abe, and Henry.

We all hung out, and I am pretty sure that we all took a nap. That afternoon, we drove to Mt. Rainier, and had a picnic, and walked around. It was so pretty. On Friday we decided to go to Seattle. We went to the Seattle Aquarium, which was so much fun, I would recommend it to anyone! You walk into the aquarium and there is a huge tank, and there was a scuba diver in it. They had touching ponds were you could feel all of these different animals.
Then we walked over to a different tank and they had a huge octopus. We got to see it move around it was so cool to see it moving. They had a huge tank that was full of big fish and they were swimming around over your head, and all around you. We got to watch them feel the seals. There were just a lot of really neat things to see.

After the aquarium, we went to pikes market. It was an interesting place. There were so many people there, but it was fun to watch what everyone was doing. There was a sea food store, and they were throwing fish around. So interesting to watch. Then we went to the locks. We got to watch boats go through, it was very cool to watch the boats go through.
Then we walked over the bridge and they had a salmon ladder, and you could see the salmon jumping up the river. That was so cool to watch I loved watching the salmon jump out of the water. They were so big, it really just made me want to eat some fish. It was really neat to watch them, jumping around. On Saturday we went to the museum of glass, we got to watch them blow glass. I was so entertained watching them do this. It was so cool. Some of the things I could now believe they could do that. It really made me want to spend a lot of money and get a nice piece of art. It was very cool to see all of the things they can do with glass.

Anyway you get the idea that we stayed busy, it was so fun. It was fun to watch Annika with Abe and Henry. I am pretty sure she probably drove Henry nuts because wherever Henry went Annika was crawling after him. She loved having other kids there to play with.

It was just so fun to hang out with everyone! I hope that we can go back and visit again soon! We left Sunday afternoon and drove home. It was so much fun!Thank you Scott and Allison for letting us come stay!

6 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! I like all the pics! I am glad Annika was good and had so much fun with her cousins!

Bryant and Jodi said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I just love it when your kids are so excited to be with other kids.

Adam and Aubrey said...

I wondered where you were on Sunday! I'm so glad Annika did well for you! that is a long drive, you have got one FABULOUS little girl! Good job on getting a vaca in right before school starts again. Ugh.

Jen Jarrett said...

P.S. When you talked about the Salmon Ladder it reminded me of Warrior Ninja! 2nd Phase Salmon Ladder. LOL. Good old All Day televsion-athon's I have had. But as of yesterday - I am officially not on bed rest. So no more of that. Woot woot! I am again so glad that you guys had fun!

Coralie said...

Hey, I am sure you will remember us but we haven't talked for an eternity. We just wanted to say hi and see how things are going. You blog is so cute. It looks like life is treating you well. It would be fun to see you guys. I am not sure where you are now. You will have to let us know. You should check out our blog too.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

That looks like so much fun! Annika looks sooooo big standing by the railing. It's only been a little over a month? Man these kids grow up so fast! I'm glad your drive went well and you didn't have to fly back! Annika is a good little trooper!