Friday, January 15, 2010

Don't Shut the Door!

Last week Annika showed me that she can open the dead bolt on the door. So she will randomly tell me through out the day that she is going to work, or going out to get the mail. It is pretty cute, (but I don't like the fact that she can unlock the door!). I decided to take some pictures today of her on her journey!



So lately I will ask Annika a question and she says well actually. Today I asked her if she wanted to get in the tub, and she said "well actually I'm fixing it."

Today I was telling Annika to stop it. She was touching my sewing machine. She told me she was fixing it. As I am telling her to stop it she is singing "we are a happy family".

We have been having bedtime issues. I think that the holidays threw us off, I think finally this week we are now getting back in the swing of things. But the other night Annika was laying in bed and I told her I was leaving and she said "come check on me mom". Just another way she can get me back in her room.

Another story.... Bedtime had seriously turned into a game, we would put Annika down and she would stay in bed for a while and sneak downstairs behind the couch and then say mom. So we decided that after she got out of bed 2 times the door was going to be closed. It only happened one time and now she stays in bed, but every night as we are leaving she says "no shut the door mom". Or "Don't let dad shut the door". Poor kid, hope we didn't traumatize her too bad.

2 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

I am SO HAPPY I got to see her this past week! She is so funny & so cute! So smart and such a talker. I hope to see you guys again soon!

Tina said...

Hahaha glad to see that I am not the only one having issues with bedtime. Sounds like things are going a little better there than they are here..... good luck. We will both need it with new babies coming in a couple of months!