Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lesson Learned

Last night Annika and I were making rice crispy treats. Annika loves to help me cook, and was sitting on the cupboard helping me mix. Well After we had successfully mixed everything together. I turned off the burner and then I took the pan off the burner to dump the rice crispies into the pan. Well while I was doing this, Annika touched the burner. Ahhh ( I know it makes me cringe just thinking about it). Poor kid she was so brave, she cried, and we ran her hand under cold water, and only minutes after it happened, she was holding back her tears and said "I'm okay mom!" Just thinking about this makes me want to cry! I guess I learned my lesson don't put kids on the counter.



You can see the 5 blisters on her fingers!


Well She is such a brave and tough little girl and has been so happy today!
Today We went with some friends and got pedicures, and I think that was a great way to feel better!

4 comments:

mel said...

Oh that makes my stomach hurt. But I can see me doing the same thing!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Holy crap. That made me gasp and almost vomit. Poor little girl.

Neisha said...

Cute toes!

Julie and Nate said...

Poor little thing! I feel so bad for her, but at least she is still smiling and happy!!