Monday, March 8, 2010

Anniversary Celebration

This weekend Brian and I got to Celebrate our Anniversary. It isn't until tomorrow, but Annika's grandma and grandpa offered to have her spend some time with them. So Friday night we dropped Annika off and we went to see Alice in Wonderland. After the movie we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse. mmmm... It was good. It is always fun to spend time alone with Brian. I don't think we left the restaurant until 10:00. After dinner we just came home and enjoyed sleeping in on Saturday morning.
On Saturday we decided to go bed shopping for Annika. So we bought a bed and went home and got it set up. We went and picked up Annika and told her that we had a surprise for her at home. When we got home we brought her up to her room and she ran over to her bed and jumped in. She said this my new bed and pointed at her crib and said that bed for my sister. She has done really good sleeping in her big bed. It was fun to surprise her with her new bed, and it was a lot of fun to spend some time alone with Brian. Thanks Karen and Gavin for letting Annika spend the night. It was a great weekend!


Brian unloading the mattress.

The room before.

This is the first time Annika got in her new bed.

The room with the crib and Annika's new big girl bed.
Now we need to convert the crib from a toddler bed back into the crib, and move it up, so it will be ready for the new little baby. On Friday I went to the dr. and they set all of my appointments until the end of my pregnancy. I think it made me think about getting things ready a little more seriously. After I left the dr. Annika and I went to Walmart, and I bought a pack of newborn diapers. I guess slowly but surely we are getting ready.

4 comments:

Neisha said...

Wow I remember McKell freaking out that Kennidee was sleeping in her bed. I hope she stays so optomistic that that is her sister's bed now.

JO said...

what a great little girl, ready to share her bed with sister and willing to sleep in a new bed all by herself. What a big girl!

Ashlee said...

How fun! Isn't it coming up so soon! I've loaded up on diapers and feel like I have to keep buying more, there is never enough and I hate those last minute trips to the store for more diapers. Let me know next time you guys come to grandmas house, I'd like to visit with you and get directions on the car seat cover before our girls come.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Happy anniversary! Where did you end up getting the bed from? It looks way cute! She really is getting so big.

We will be in Provo next Wednesday. What are your plans? Maybe we can say Hi.