Monday, May 17, 2010

week one



Well we have had two kids for a little over a week. Honestly it has gone really good. We were lucky enough to have Brian home all last week, and my mom came down and helped out on Friday! we are so lucky to have such wonderful families that everyone is willing to help us out! With Brian home last week it was nice, we both could take a kid, and we had it under control.

We made a couple of trips to the hospital to get Adalyn's biliruben checked. we went in on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. My poor baby has prick marks all over her little heals. but on Thursday they told us that we didn't need to get her tested anymore. Other than that we have just been adjusting to life as a family of four.

Annika loves to be right by her sister all of the time. She loves touching her head and giving her kisses, but she has been a really big helper. She loves to help me check Adalyn's diaper.
So we haven't really gone anywhere, we have just been hanging out at home. But It has been wonderful!

And just for fun... here is a comparison of Annika and Adalyn. They are even in the same outfit. What do you think.... Do they look alike to you?

16 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

How fun! I can't wait to see them again! They do look alike. Matching outfit or not. Guess what that means.... Adalyn is going to grow up to be incredibly cute!!!!! (you know your kids are cute when people comment that they are cuter than their own nieces and nephews.) i am so proud! ;)

Kristy said...

Things must be going well if your blogging on your first solo day. Love the cute pictures of Adalyn, and yes I think she and Annika are twins as babies.

JO said...

wow, they do look so much alike. I am curious how much our boys will look like each other. I am glad you are adjusting to having two kids. You'll be great!

JO said...

wow, they do look so much alike. I am curious how much our boys will look like each other. I am glad you are adjusting to having two kids. You'll be great!

Kara said...

oh she is to cute... i just want to kiss those cheeks... i need to meet her, when you're up next let me know and we can get together

mel said...

Very precious! Boy do they ever look like sisters! That's fun.

Matt n' Jenni said...

They are so cute and really do look alike. Glad you are adjusting. Let me know how I can help.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Alisha- that Matt and Jenni comment was from me, Robin. Didn't realize my sister was signed in sorry.

Ashley said...

They are both so cute! Congrats on the new baby! I think in those pictures Annika looks a lot like her daddy and the new one looks like you, Alisha! So cute! Let me know when we can do a play date with Annika!

Tina said...

i can't believe how much they look alike. glad things are going good. you have a beautiful family.

The Heaps Family said...

Identical. I can not believe how much they look alike. I would never have known they were different babies. So cute.

The Brown's said...

oh my gosh they are like twins!!!! So stinkin cute! You are doing an amazing job of making the switch to mommy of two. WAY TO GO!!!

Budge Family said...

Congrats on the new baby! She is so cute. I love her name.

Brittney said...

They look so alike! I can't tell which one is which! And your new little one is so adorable! Congrats to you guys! I am so excited for you! Good luck with the continuing adjustment!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Your two girls could be twins! Darling!!!

Jensen Family said...

Alisha,

Your babies are gorgeous! You are the most amazing mom! Brian is very lucky to have you. I can't wait to get to see ya!