Monday, July 12, 2010

Bear Lake

On July 4th after Adalyn's blessing we sent Annika home with my parents. She got to have a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa and I am pretty sure she ended up sleeping with Alli. On Monday morning we woke up and got everything packed and headed up to Bear Lake. By the time we stopped at the store we didn't end up leaving here until about 11:00. So we got to Bear Lake at 2:00. It was really windy and I thought it was cold. Adalyn didn't like the wind. Annika loved throwing the frisbee and playing in the water. My family ended up getting a boat to ride, with a tube to pull behind it. They all went out on the boat and our little family hung out on the beach!

Brian and Annika built a sand castle.


We went up to the condo and ate dinner and hung out up there for the night.
In the morning Brian, my dad, my uncle Randy, and my Grandpa went golfing. It sounds like they had a lot of fun.
While they were golfing we took Annika down to the playground. There were a whole bunch of kids on the merry go round. Annika wanted to join in. I put her on and I made her sit down with her legs around a bar. She sat down until they started going and then she saw all of the older kids standing up and she thought she needed to stand up like them. But she couldn't figure out how they put their legs over the bar and hung on. She was trying really hard, but couldn't figure it out.

After the playground we went and did some crafts. Annika colored a shirt that says bear lake on it. She did a really good job! While we were coloring the shirt Brian and the guys came home from golfing.

After finishing the shirt we went and played some miniature golf. Annika seemed to like it alot. She kept helping Brian and I with our golf balls.



After golfing we went up and ate lunch and packed up to go home!
It was a lot of fun, but I wish we could have stayed longer. It was a lot of driving and we were really tired when we got home!

1 comment:

Alison, Dean, and Zachary said...

My family went to Bear Lake on the 4th as well. And I would have to agree with you it was freezing! We rented wave runners and it felt like ice pellets were hitting my face! So we packed up and left early!