Monday, July 12, 2010

Blessing


On the 4th of July Adalyn got blessed. It was a wonderful day. Honestly I was stressed before the whole thing but everything went really well.
The big dilema before her blessing was what dress she was going to wear. When Annika was born and blessed my mom made her dress. I was planning on just having Adalyn wear the same dress. Well after a lot of debate, I decided to have my mom make a new dress. So it was only like 2 weeks before the blessing, and we went shopping and bought material. My mom is wonderful. She got the dress done and it looked wonderful. I love how it turned out! There is a seem on the dress, and my mom lined up the flowers perfectly. It really looks so good.
So the night before the blessing my mom brought the dress over, and then drove back up to Midvale where they were spending the night.

The next morning I was worried about getting to church on time. We were right on track and getting ready and I got a phone call from my mom. My dad had forgot his pants. I was so worried they weren't going to make it to the church on time. But they ran to the store and bought him some on their way to the church. They walked into the church right as the bishopric stood up to start the meeting.
We had got to the church and Adalyn was really fussy. I was walking around with her trying to calm her down and get her to go to sleep. I was so nervous that she would cry through the whole thing. She cried all through the opening song, and right up until her blessing. Brian took her and went up to the circle. She cried a little at first but almost as soon as Brian started the blessing she was quiet and I guess listening to her blessing. Brian gave her a great blessing and we are blessed to have family that came to support us on her day.
After we came back to our house and had muffins, and some egg casserole and fruit. I was a very nice day to get to talk to family and celebrate Adalyn being in our family.
Adalyn with her great-grandparents LeBaron and Nye!

Adalyn with her parents and grandparents

Our little family!

3 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

I can NOT believe your mom made that dress. One day, I may discover my crafty side. Highly doubtful, but maybe one day. I'm glad she stopped crying for the blessing! Haha! She looks adorable. And you look fabulous as usual.

Bryant and Jodi said...

How cute is she. Your girls are soooo grown up! Glad everyone made it, it seems like to me there is always someone I am worried about not making it.

Christina Olson said...

What a doll! I can't believe how big Annika is!! I miss you!