Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun at the Zoo

Our ward has a great Mother's Group and today we went to the Zoo. In this picture the zoo keeper is feeding a carrot to the porcupine. That was interesting to watch how they eat and move around. I have to say I thought they were pretty cute. I am pretty sure that Annika didn't even know that there were animals in the cages, she was just enjoying being around other kids. I tried multiple times to get her to look at animals I thought were close enough for her to see and she didn't care at all. But then we got to the ducks and she could definitely see them. There was a couple that had brought a whole bunch of bread, so all of the ducks were right there by us. She even grabbed a hold of the fence and stood up next to the fence and watched them. In the picture you can see my hand because I got so nervous that as soon as I left her she would fall, but she didn't even know I was gone. I think that she had a lot of fun watching them. In fact when we left the ducks she cried. I had a lot of fun, It is always good to get out and just talk to other mom's. I think that it was a really fun day at the zoo!

2 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

Awe! So cute! She probably didn't know the animals there unless they were a foot away from her. (Or the ducks I suppose.) But with how social she is I am sure the other kids kept her happy enough! The pics are cute! Thanks for posting!

Brittney said...

So cute! Sad I missed it! we are having some phone problems and I have been trying to get us another one.... Looks like fun!