Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crawling and Bye Bye

I have been meaning to post this for over a week, so finally here it is. Annika is crawling, and has gotten faster than you see in the video.


The other day, Annika woke up, in my opinion too early, to I took her out into the living room and laid down to get some more sleep. I thought I was pretty smart, I set myself up for sleep strategically trapping her into the living room. If she was going to get out of the living room she would have to crawl over me, I would for sure feel her, and then wake up. (pretty smart right?) Well the next thing I know, I was awakened by a noise, I looked around and she was gone. I jumped up, and Brian had got up and got in the shower, and Annika had crawled to the Bathroom and was hitting the bathroom door! She is definitely making her way around the apartment. One more story if you want to stop reading you can... but she likes to pull herself up to different things. I was sitting on the floor with her and she was pulling herself up to the bookshelf. I looked away and was talking to Brian, I looked back and she was off the ground climbing up the book shelf. (granted the bottom shelf is only 4 inches off the floor but still!) I have a feeling we are in for a treat now that she can move. What a crazy girl! Annika can also now wave bye. It is pretty cute to see. I just thought I would share these fun things with you!


6 comments:

Ali said...

She's too young to be crawling! What a cute girl. I bet you have your hands full now. I'm happy for my baby to just be sitting a playing. I miss you guys. We need to have a play date soon so I can see you and Anika.

Jen Jarrett said...

LOL. I can't wait to see all the things she gets into when she can really move. Grantid she is pretty fast already but just think, she is only going to get faster and stronger! I can't wait! I love the video of her saying bye too! Way to capture the moment!

Adam & Ady said...

So cute. I can't believe that you have a kid...let alone one that is crawling. They grow up too fast! I am sad that we are so far away cause I want to see that cute little one in person! She is adorable!

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

You are so in for it :) Just take from a mom that already has 2 walkers . . . fun times to come!

The Bott Family said...

Alisha! Hey, you have the cutest little family. Your baby is a doll. I found your blog and was so excited. -Mel Callor Bott

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Horray! I'm so glad you put that up so I can see her crawl. I love that she is waving now too! She is such a fast learner! So cute! How is everything going? I'll email you!