Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Wow! I always feel like I need a vacation from our weekends, but after this weekend, I am definitely going to need a couple of naps. It was so much fun. On Thursday night the 3rd... Logan City had their fireworks. My family had a BBQ before and then we all went up and enjoyed the fireworks. We sat in the stadium, and at the beginning they had just some smaller fireworks, Annika didn't seem to mind these, then they started doing the big fireworks, and she didn't like them. She just snuggled up to me, and fell asleep!
On Friday we drove down to South Jordan and spent the weekend at Brian's parents house. We went swimming which was so much fun! I didn't take a picture of it but if was a pretty cool pool. They had some Olympic diving boards, and we jumped off of them. I seriously think that they were 20 ft high. I got up there and didn't want to jump, but I did. Brian and Eric jumped off the higher jump. Wow they are brave. That night we celebrated Eric's Birthday, we played some great backyard volleyball. Then we set off a great firework display.On Saturday we went and played Tennis, which Brian's whole family is good at, but I however, am not to good. It was a lot of fun though. After tennis we went to an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet. It was really good. We set up a pool and Annika got to play, and then Heidi, Karen and I went shopping! That night we had a BBQ and then we played some games.Annika just keeps getting closer and closer to crawling. She tries to pull herself up to everything, she just thinks that she can stand! One of these days she is just going to start moving and I won't know what to do.

On Sunday we went to church, ate more food and came home! It was such a great weekend but I am tired. But what a great 4th of July!

8 comments:

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

What a fun weekend! Logan always has great fireworks. I don't think i've been there for them since I got married! Jeesh . . . time flies!

Jen Jarrett said...

It looks like TONS of fun! I love the pictures of you guys at the fireworks with her! She looks like they kinda scared her. LOL. Cutie! I can't wait to see her again!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Man. You are amazingly hot. You are seriously a gorgeous hot rockin mama. I love the pic of you and Annika snuggled up to you. If that was me, it would be a 16X20 in my front room and above my bed. For all to see. No joke.

Happy bday to Brian's bro. I forgot he was so cool.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

I agree with Aubrey, you look gorgeous in the picture with Annika snuggling you! I love all of your fourth of July outfits, we didn't get dressed up in the red, white, and blue this year. I always have plans for it, but oh well! It all looks like fun!

Kristy said...

Alisha and fam-

Hi, remember me? :) It looks like things are going well for you guys...I am glad! I just wanted to say hi! It has been a long time since we have talked!! We are coming home to Utah for a wedding next month...maybe we will have to all go out to dinner or something...now that we are all grown up!

Brady, Kristy, Hudson and Tate :)

Adam & Ady said...

Alisha!! I LOVE the crawling picture of your cute little girl! Adorable!!! She is such a cute one. We miss seeing you guys!

Jamie Younker said...

You are so gorgeous. Geez! I love all of your fourth of July outfits too... isn't the 4th such a great holiday! I LOVE it!

Christina Olson said...

Hey Alisha! It was fun going to the zoo today with you and Annika :) Our family website is www.theolsonfam.net. See you later!

~Christina Olson