Monday, August 17, 2009

Blacksmith Fork Campout 2009


On Friday we packed up all of our camping stuff and headed up to Logan. We actually went camping up Blacksmith Fork Canyon. Brian's family gets together every year for a campout up there. They have a great place they get to use so we go up and camp. My favorite thing about it is that it has grass. It gave Annika lots of room to run around and play. But we didn't have to deal with lots of dirt. It was a lot of fun. We got up there Friday afternoon and only Brian's grandparents were there. It was nice because we got a chance to talk to them for a while. We set up camp and then Brian's parents got there.

We had set up camp and Annika was getting a drink out of the cooler. She came over to me and said bug and pointed to her hair. I pretended to brush it out and said ok it's out. Well then she turned around and there was this huge Bark Beetle in her hair. Oh my gosh. I didn't want to touch it so Brian got it out of her hair. Poor girl, she was trying to tell me, and I didn't believe her.

After dinner we played a great game of Ladder golf. You throw the golf balls at a ladder and try to get them to stay on. Each rung is worth a different point value. Brian and I played a game and then we played against his parents. Lots of fun.

On Friday night it rained, but by the time we woke up Saturday morning it had stopped. It was still cold, but eventually the sun came out and it was a nice day. Annika got to play with one of Brian's cousins kids. Kiari and Annika were born about a month apart from each other. They fought so much, but loved following each other around. They played blocks for a while together which was really good, and they really liked playing in the rocks together.




Brian and Gavin decided to go fishing. I heard they caught some fish, but I never saw any. Annika and Karen and I had fun hanging out at camp. Saturday night we had another fire and we actually stayed up late and talked. Camping was a lot of fun! But I am really glad to be back home with my flushing toilet!

Isn't this a cute picture of Annika and her Great Grandma Nye!

2 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

Poor Annika! Having a mom that doesn't believe her! Geez. She is such a cute little girl and that story makes me so sad! All the pictures turned out really cute and I hope I get to see you guys again soon!

Shels said...

How fun! I love camping-especially when you get nice country like Blacksmith Fork and GRASS! How lucky!