Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy 26th Birthday Brian


It was Brian's birthday on Saturday! I was trying to make all of these plans and surprise him with a great date, and it seemed like nothing could go right. On Saturday we woke up, and opened presents. He got the new tiger woods game for the wii, and I think that we played it for about 4 hours that morning.

My plan for that afternoon was to take him to this Argentine place in Provo, well I called and their number was disconnected. So I drove down there, and they were out of business. I found another place on the internet in Orem and I called and their number was disconnected too. I was really bummed no Argentine food. So then we decided on this Italian place in American Fork. BJ and Neisha were kind enough to let Annika hang out with them for the afternoon. (Thanks Again!) So we went to drop Annika off, and they asked where we were going to eat and they said..."I think that they went out of business". Are you kidding me. All we wanted to do was eat some food. Well so we drove over to where the movie theater was, and there was a Pier 49 pizza. So we went and got some pizza and then went and saw Harry Potter. The movie was good. But it is always wonderful to just be out on a date with Brian. After the movie, we went to a wedding reception for one of his childhood friends. We came home and I was exhausted. It was a fun, long day! I hope you had a great Birthday Brian.

On Sunday Brian's family came over for dinner, and cake. Brian decided to try something new and he BBQ'd a brisket. We cooked it on the grill for 2 hours and then in the oven for 3. I just need to say that it was delicious. Brian did a great job. We had a great dinner, then we played a couple hours of tiger wood's golf and the Frisbee golf on the wii. Then Brian got to blow out the candles on his cake. Brian requested an Ice Cream cake and I have never made one before, but I thought it turned out really well. We also tried a new fondant recipe. I always enjoy making birthday cakes. And It turned out good. It was fun having his family over, and extending his birthday one more day!

It was a great weekend!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!

3 comments:

Jen Jarrett said...

I couldn't have said it better myself: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!!" ;^) Sounds like it was a fun couple of days! I wish I could have baby-sat Annika on Saturday because A) I always love to and B) then maybe I could have stayed over until Sunday and ate that yummy food with you.. maybe this weekend!?

Adam and Aubrey said...

Holy crap. I'm older than Brian. And holy crap, Annika is a freaking BLONDIE! Wow I've been out of touch. Happy birth to your hub. Sometimes just getting some alone time is enough. Isn't it funny how what we want changes with time?!

Brittney said...

Happy birthday! And what luck on finding a restaurant! Not fun! Sounds like something I would have done!