Monday, August 23, 2010

Blacksmith Fork

On August 14th we woke up and packed all of our camping stuff and went camping up Blacksmith Fork Canyon with Brian's family. It is always very relaxing and fun.
Brian's Cousin has a little girl Kiari that is 2 months younger than Annika. These 2 followed each other around the entire time. They would hold hands as they were walking around camp. It was fun for Annika to have someone to play with.

I was really nervous about Adalyn camping, but I bundled her up and she was happy while she was awake and she slept great. All through the night just like at home. On Sunday morning Brian's dad asked if I wanted to hike to the top of a mountain that was by camp. I say mountain because it makes me feel better, but really it was probably more like a hill. So the girls stayed at camp with their Grandma's and Brian and Gavin, and I hiked to the top. I really didn't know if I was going to make it, I guess I am a little out of shape. (or a lot!) But we made it!

This is me and Gavin, and camp is right under the rocks behind us. You can see a little trailer down there.

This is Brian and Gavin at the top. Brian found a deer antler and thought it was pretty cool.

On the way back down we were sliding on rocks because it was steep and there wasn't a trail. We were heading down and Gavin slid on some rocks and this huge rock started bouncing down the mountain. It bounced all the way to the bottom and landed in the middle of the road. It was crazy. Luckily no cars hit the rock before Gavin made it to the bottom and got it out of the road. It was a good hike, and I am glad that I went. (I wasn't when I was hiking up!) But it was a fun camping trip.

1 comment:

Adam and Aubrey said...

fyi, next time you're close, please let me know! I'd love to see you! (it doesn't have to be long, I can be short and sweet....)