Monday, August 23, 2010

The Uintas


On Thursday August 19th we went camping with Brian's family up in the Uintas to Mirror Lake. When we left home on Thursday morning, it was kind of cloudy. As we got closer to the Uintas it started pouring. We got up to the lake and our camping spot at about 1. It was pouring rain. So I sat in the car with the girls. Brian was out in the rain trying to clear a spot for our tent. Brian and his dad dug this huge rock out of the ground so that we could put our tent out. After all of that hard work He was soaked. Annika and I had sat in the car watching the DVD player, and occasionally turning on the car to run the heater. I didn't know if we were going to end up camping or just going home. at about 3:30 it stopped raining. We hurried and got the tent set up, and got settled in. We went fishing and Annika reeled in her first 2 fish. She was so excited, and I feel really bad but I didn't even get a picture of it. We started a fire and enjoyed a wonderful dutch oven dinner, and we had a pineapple upside-down cake for Brian's birthday.

On Friday we woke up and enjoyed a warm breakfast, and some hot chocolate. Annika got to go on a boat ride with Brian. She loved the boat. I was worried that she was just going to stand up and fall out or something. We went for a walk, (After Brian and I climbed the mountain last weekend, Annika has been asking me if she can climb a mountain.) It was just a fun relaxed day. We went fishing again, and Annika got to reel in some more fish. I was sitting down by the lake feeding Adalyn and watching Brian fish, and Annika needed to go potty. So Brian took Annika and I sat there. I thought what the heck, I will just cast out. Well I caught a fish. But I wasn't really in a position to release the fish so I sat there and let the fish swim around until Brian and Annika came back. Annika got to reel it in and loved it. After that Annika was done fishing and went back to camp to play card with Grandma and Heidi.

Brian and I stayed and fished. I caught one more before I headed back to camp, and I really just want to say that I didn't know a fish that little could bite a fly almost the same size as it is. I didn't know that fish that little were even in the lake. Anyways Brian said that we had to take a picture of me and my little fish. His next fish wasn't that much bigger so I took a picture of him too! Adalyn sat in the chair and was so happy. She loved camping and did so well. That night we roasted hot dogs and Annika loved it. I just want to say that both of the girls slept better at night than I did. Annika liked to scoot down to the bottom of her sleeping bag, and then she would wake up and not know where she was and cry. She loved camping.

Saturday we woke up and started cleaning up our stuff. Annika really wanted to go on another boat ride, so Aunt Heidi took her. And she wanted to go fishing again. Then we headed home. It is just amazing how pretty it was. The lake, the trees, everything was amazing. I am so glad that we got to go camping.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

You're so brave to go camping with 2 little girls. Way to go Alisha!

Adam and Aubrey said...

I cannot believe you go camping with kids that young! We tried it and I swore my youngest will be at least 2 before we try again.

You are amazing. I cannot believe you nursed Adalyn and caught a fish. BAHA! Thatta girl!

The Heaps Family said...

Love your giant fish you caught.... ha ha.